Sunday, July 08, 2007

Credit sheesh!

Cell phone rings.

Me@ThisEnd: Hello
Lady@OtherEnd :Sir, Good morning, am I speaking to Me@ThisEnd ?
Me@ThisEnd :Ya
Lady@OtherEnd :Sir, We're calling from SomeBankName . Would you be interested in our new credit card? It's free for life sire, which means you have no annual charges. We offer a credit limit of up to 3 lakhs sir. We have a 60 day replacement policy and....
Me@ThisEnd :Wow, up to 3 lakhs! Ok, I'm interested. Just one little thing though.
Lady@OtherEnd :Yes sir! (her excitement oozing out of the speaker on my phone)
Me@ThisEnd : I have way too many credit cards now and yet, I'm forever in debt. In fact I have no clue how to manage all these cards and i've defaulted payment many monthsOn all my cards my overlimit withdrawal penalty and interests come up to quite a bit. I really could use another card to pay off these, so i can start using all my cards again. What's your procedure now?
Lady@OtherEnd :Errr, ok sir can you suggest some others who would be interested sir?
Me@ThisEnd :Mmmm, none at the moment, but I'll surely call you back with a list of names.
Lady@OtherEnd :Ok, thank you sir.
Click

No comments: