Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Big Picture

I was reading Joel Spolsky's latest article from Joel on Software and i found it, yet again, amazingly insightful.
...your mind gets into a bad habit of overestimating how clearly it understands things. It always thinks it has The Big Picture even when it doesn’t.
and
What kills me is the teams who get into the bad habit of holding meetings every time they need to figure out how something is going to work. Did you ever try to write poetry in a committee meeting? It’s like a bunch of fat construction guys trying to write an opera while sitting on the couch watching Baywatch. The more fat construction guys you add to the couch, the less likely you are to get opera out of it.

Absolute gems. Please also read my other posts on meetings.

Well, I don’t know about you, but I can’t code “revolutionary.” I need more details to write code.
Typically Joel.

No comments: