Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Those New Year Things-To-Do

I meant to post earlier. I even typed out the post. But the transition from old blogger to new blogger kinda deleted that post. Anyway, I can't be bothered enough to type it again.

So here's the official New Year Wishes from the Introspector himself!

Happy New Year, people. May this year bring you good cheer, peace-of-mind, simplicity, and all the other things that you've been desiring (provided they're legal and ethical! ).

In retrospect, the year 2006 has been one roller coaster ride. Looking back, here are some of the major happenings in my life: (all good events are in green, the not-so-good events are in grey)
1. Handled 2 projects simultaneously and performed moderately well on both (I worked very late on Fridays).
2. Took tremendous pressure on myself over a few things. Looking back, these could have been avoided if I had just learnt to think through things calmly without reacting on instinct.
3. Realized that I love my parents more than I have ever shown them.
4. Realized the importance of personal space in a close relationship. The dee will completely endorse this truth. You can ask her.
5. The dee went abroad!!!! To Europe. Official visit, but during the WorldCup Soccer! Super. And she took some neat pics of the Mercedes-Benz Museum. For meeeee! So super.
6. She got me a Creative 1 GB mp3 player!
7. Got an appraisal rating of 5 at work. Tried to show sustained enthu and professionalism in my work. (Really i tried!)
8. Went to Sabarimalai. Went on a trip with cousins.
9. Put on some more weight. Old pants don't fit.
10. Reached an all-together new degree of closeness witht the dee. This is the highest high of my roller-coaster.
11. Had a couple of things sorted out with folks so things sail pretty smoothly now onwards.
12. Made new alliances with some colleagues and found a couple guys who share my sense of humor.
13. Let a long suffering friendship cool down. This is in preparation for my resolution #3a & #7a.
14. Was diagnosed with hypertension.
15. Almost quit smoking and drinking.
16. Got some property registered in my name.
17. Lost my Grandmother.
18. Had a very low-key new year celebration. No party no nothing.

So you can see, there are more greens than grays. Yays!

What i would like to change in the coming year (order of priority, so numbering may repeat):
1a. Stop taking guilt and pressure on myself unnecessarily. Learn to unwind, let my hair (what remains of it) down and relax. Treat myself to more fun times, socialize a bit more. Sleep lots more. The same applies to the dee too.
1b. Lose weight. A lot.
1c. Reduce pressure and other burdens on the relationship. Take responsibility for my negative reactions and emotional outbursts, but understand that these should neither be encouraged nor deserve any sympathy. Treat them as steam-venting times and keep those in check.
2a. Completely quit smoking and drinking.
2b. Work on general fitness and health in a steady consistent approach, pray a little more.
3a. Reduce tensions, smile more, be less grumpy & bitchy & cribby, try to maintain a calm, composed, peaceful and cheerful disposition at all times. I know this needs immmmmense work.
3b. Be more open and frank about the relationship with people, parents or the dee.
3c. Find humor in everyday situations.
4a. Be more mature and steady. Behave like an adult. Get rid of childish insecurities and complexes. Realize that i am stronger and more resilient than i think.
4b. Give myself more time and space to do the things i love doing.
4c. Sharpen rusting mental abilities and memory. Do more puzzles, learn a new trick or fact every day, meditate a bit, try to remember lists etc. Improve learning and excel in atleast 1 technology.
5a. Resist pressure, only bite off what i can chew, bring home fewer work issues, enjoy work more.
5b. Rekindle some old friendships, just to bring back the good times.
6a. Be more modest, and cut people some slack. Don't take myself or my work or the relationship too seriously. All 3 are sufficiently capable of handling themselves without constant introspection and fine tuning attempts.
6b. Read more. Be better informed and updated with current news and technology.
7a. Try not to be involved in/with negative situations, people who get me down, negative emotions. If this means disassociating with a few people I know, then so be it.

This list is by no means final. It shall be modified suitably depending on some comments i recieve, or my own perception shifts.

So with miles to go before I sleep, here's wishing myslef, the dee, folks and everyone a terrific 2007. Let's see what it brings.

No comments: