Monday, December 18, 2006

Grandma, blogs and Mahabalipuram

No updates for the past few days, I know. Grandmother passed away on the 13th . She was 81. She suffered a cardiac arrest on the surgery table when they were prepping her for a cataract surgery. It was extremely unexpected. And I don't think it has sunk in yet.

I wish I had spent a little more time with her. Atleast spoken to her the night before her surgery. Regrets.

The house feels terribly empty now. It's just mom by herself the whole day.

I read a few other blogs today and frankly, I feel my writing is not too bad. I mean, everyone writes the same boring sh*t. What they did, and who they met, and what they felt, and whose birthdays they celebrated and where they went. I am sure they know that nobody gives a sh*t about these. Still, they write. Like me. I am convinced more than ever that this constant need for self expression is going to be the penultimate cause of the doom of humankind. The ultimate cause.. you ask? Well, 'meetings'.

I had beem to mahabalipuram and Pondicherry last weekend with cousins. Mahabalipuram is an awesome place. Stunning. I want to see the place by moonlight. It is so majestic. And quite a romantic place too. Pondicherry is another fantastic experience. The french quarters... Aurobindo Ashram and surrounding areas. We rented bicycles and explored the place. It was an awesome break (mentally relaxing) after a long long time (not considering the Sabarimala pilgrimage of October).

No comments: