Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Pop-up-sick-le

Everyone who writes software must read Joel Spolsky's words on the software industry. I have seen pop-ups, I have been irritated to death by pop-ups, but have never given it a thought serious enough to make me come up with an article like that. Brilliant! My cogitation on the issue usually terminates at speculating how the darned pop-ups are impeding my reproductive instinct. I know this article is not so much about pop-ups as it is about software elegance in general. But them pop-ups are what stick to my mind the strongest. Die, pop-up! Die! (You can maybe imagine that last sentence as a cheap video game where some hideous gooey monster respawns again and again right after you slay it with fluorescent green slugs from your supernova-plasma-concentrator-10k gun each time. Die, then pop up, then die again....)

No comments: