Friday, March 10, 2006

More blogger stereotypes

Following from my previous torture session, I'll throw down a few more blog stereotypes here:

4. Trying to be a new father
Today I went to the office union night dinner with porridge on my dress shirt. I know I would have hated it 7 months ago. But now it pleases me no end. And when my colleagues asked how I managed to get the porridge there, I said 'if you had a 7 month old devil at home, you would know too', speaking of which, Jason badly needs a haircut. Can you believe it? This bundle is only 7 months old and he's ready for his first haircut?? It's amazing how time flies, i only wish I had more of it to spend with Jason.

Point of interest: Notice how totally unrelated events are connected back to the kid.

5. Trying to be a 16 year old guy
Current mood: Pissed
Current music: Roots bloody roots by Sepultura
I f*ckin hate this world, and all the people that don't have the bleedin' sense to mind their own business. Jessica is a b*tch. Wat da f*ck does it matter to you anywayz you sh*t? I wish I could kill her now. Hell life's a b*tch too. I am too pissed to write anything else today.

6. Trying to be a 22 year old girl
Can you believe it? Today is the day! I've been with my man for 2 whole years! We're going out for dinner at 'The Chinese Quarter'. I know he likes dinner there. I have a surprise arranged for him. I have a suite booked at Hyatt and right after dinner I'm gonna blindfold him and drive him there. Wow! I can't wait to see his face when I remove the blindfold. I'm dizzy with the excitement. Brenda tells me this plan is the most romantic she's ever heard!

7. Trying to be a nerd
I was listening to the podcast of 'review of 60 best selling packet sniffing/port scanning tools' and one thing immediately struck my mind. If the networks security guys keep themselves blissfully ignorant of the leaps and bounds that network threats are growing by in terms of number and severity, then it will be up to us geeks and hackers to fix and patch our own networks. Network administrators as a species can then de-evolve into something more their class.. like telephone sanitizers or something. Thats a funny thought!

Ok done with the stereotypes. Finally. I hate to admit it but I have actually read many many blogs. And 99 percent of them fall into some category or the other mentioned above. Why do people keep getting themselves into the same old shitty rut? I see very few blogs that dare to be different. Or maybe there aren't that many different people around. Or maybe I don't look hard enough.

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Of course there are some very useful blogs around too.
I remember one teaching you how to have sex with dolphins... now thats something I always wondered about. Another one telling you about the famous 14th century artefacts in the temple of the sixth heir to the king in some village in northern Sudan. Just what I needed.

They are so different. But as useless as they maybe to me, towards them, I hold none of the malice that I do towards the stereotypes mentioned above. Atleast these dare to be different. And in the least, they provide me with constant hope that all is not lost for me and that I can one day start my own blog on my latest hobbies- research on belly button lint and green armpit putty.

The introspector has spoken

No comments: